Concordia University: EDITOR, PUBLICATIONS (P5022C)
Deadline to apply: May 15, 2013
Reporting to the Manager, Publications, the incumbent provides strategic oversight, writing, copyediting, proofreading, and research expertise for various print and online publications for University Communications Services (UCS), ensuring they reflect corporate brand and messages and support Concordia’s strategic directions.
- Edit and proofread print and online publications, including annual reports, special corporate publications, messages from the president, mass e-blasts, and newsletters.
- Plan, develop, write, and edit the content of the NOW e-newsletters for faculty, staff, and students; identify story line-ups; write and copyedit stories; manage the production, including sourcing photographs and images; arrange for photo shoots, video and audio casts. Supervise interns and freelance writers; conduct research and interviews, as required.
- Plan, write, and edit text for university print and online publications and oversee graphic design and production/posting of university print and online publications, including the annual report, Beyond the Headlines, newsletters, special publications, etc., as requested by the Manager, Publications.
- Maintain a presence on social media platforms through the writing and posting of content, engage in dialogues and answer questions, when appropriate, and monitor social media platforms to gain insights to be used to help content development of UCS publications.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of internal contacts throughout the Concordia community to generate story ideas and interviews for UCS publications.
- Develop and maintain contacts with external groups, particularly community and professional groups, to promote and increase Concordia University’s visibility in the wider community.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of all major Internal Communications Department objectives and support UCS projects.