This comes via Jobboom.
TransPerfect Translations was founded in 1992 with the following mission: to provide the highest quality language services to leading businesses worldwide. With no external financing, the TransPerfect family of companies grew from its humble beginnings as a two-person company operating in an NYU business school dorm room into the world’s third largest translation and software localization firm and one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies in the United States. With a network of over 8,000 language specialists and over 1,700 full-time employees in over 70 locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, we’re continuously ready to meet our clients’ needs, around the clock and around the world. We attribute our growth to the skill, aptitude, and commitment of our high caliber employees. Put simply, we hire the most talented candidates and give them the guidance, resources, and opportunities they need to grow their career in an expanding environment.
Summary: The position of French-Canadian Translator is a key player at TransPerfect. This position reports into the Department Manager. Your particular language skill will allow you to finalize all the end product before it goes to the client. This is a unique opportunity in a financially stable international communications services company. You will be responsible for all aspects quality production within certain language/geographic regions.
• Translate documents, mainly branding/marketing and communication
• Edit jobs by freelance translators
• Give final approval to any changes to translated documents after they have been proofread and edited
• Maintain databases and amend translation memories
• Juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with contract translators and proofreaders globally
• Ensure customer sign-off of end product
• Demonstrate effective utilization of staff, effectively delegate responsibility
• Keep clients informed of project progress
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
• Native fluency in Canadian French and near native fluency in English
• 2-5 years of experience translating or editing documents
• Ability to support multiple projects by keeping accurate and up-to-date project specs
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English and French
• Exceptional problem solving skills
• Experience in Branding/Marketing or Communication background preferred
• Prior translation industry experience is a plus
TransPerfect is an equal opportunity employer.
TransPerfect offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time-off, company sponsored life insurance, long term disability, flexible spending account options, and a pro-active and accessible HR department that focuses on the staff’s health and happiness.
To be considered for this position you must provide your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. Please provide this information in English, and please send your resume (English version) to email@example.com.