There are some changes to the children’s poetry anthology call for submissions.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – CHILDREN’S POETRY ANTHOLOGY
NEW Submission Deadline: March 31st, 2012
On your marks, get set, write!
An independently published ebook anthology of children’s poetry dedicated to the wide world of sports is in the works.
We’re looking for original, unpublished poems aimed at 5- to 12-year-olds that deal with various aspects of athletics:
- Olympics and other major international sports events (i.e., FIFA World Cup)
- winter/summer, individual/team sports
- winning and losing
- amateur/professional athletes
- sports fans and those behind the scenes (coaches, refs, etc.)
- equipment/uniforms and places where sports are played
- sports history and other miscellanea (halls of fame, records, trivia, etc.)
We are interested in receiving poems written in a variety of forms including but not limited to the following: couplet, triplet, limerick, haiku, tanka, cinquain, diamante, mask poem, apostrophe poem, list poem, etheree, palindrome, etc.
Only adults who write children’s poetry are invited to submit their work. Emerging children’s poets are strongly encouraged to send their work.
Poets whose work is selected for the collection will receive a small honorarium.
Authors will be notified in May 2012 if their work(s) are selected. A portion of the anthology’s proceeds will be donated to Right to Play, an international organization that promotes sport and play to enhance child development in some of the world’s most disadvantaged areas.
Please email poems to Carol-Ann Hoyte at firstname.lastname@example.org.