Here’s a copy/paste from Jobboom. Visit the link for the complete listing.
We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with project management experience in publishing to assist the Editor in chief in developing The QuickSeries collection. Under the supervision of the Editor in chief, your main responsibility will be to coordinate the research, design and review process of about 30 new publications a year, liaising with graphic designers (in-house or freelance), authors, editors, account managers and from time to time, clients. (Please note that the position does NOT include the PRODUCTION aspects of publishing i.e.: contacts and follow-up with printer and other suppliers.)
To fulfill your main responsibility, you will be required to:
– Perform thorough research and editing to turn various existing material into QuickSeries manuscripts
– Perform copy-editing and proofreading functions to ensure the publications are factually and grammatically correct.
– Update existing publications before reprint.
– Update and work with the QuickSeries style checklist to ensure consistency of presentation.
– Code manuscripts for design features, for example hierarchy of headings, for use by the design team.
– Monitor the research/design/review processes (from manuscript to pre-press) using an in-house database-driven system.
– Update product information for our Web site.