This comes courtesy of jobboom. Click here to view the full job description and qualifications.
Company: Babel Games Services Inc.
Vendor Manager is responsible for managing the buying of services and quality with Babel’s more than 400 translation vendors worldwide. This person will work closely with Sales, Pre-production and Project teams to aid in project planning and offer fulfillment objectives of the organization.
The results are measured through set ACP (average cost price) targets, project margins and quality targets.
• Working closely with Pre-production and Project Managers to resource and allocate projects to translation vendors
• Actively recruiting new vendors to build domain expertise for Babel’s key game genres, or fill missing language pair needs
• Creating and supplying translation sample tests to be evaluated for potential new vendors
• Active management of translator vendor database
• Relationship management with Babel existing translator network in order to retain high quality professionals
• Negotiating translation rates to comply with the set ACP (average cost price) and gross margin targets
• Create individual contracts for vendors according to Babel’s requirements and standards
• Quality control of translation vendor deliverables through ongoing linguistic review and tracking performance data
• Maintaining accurate and up to date administrative tasks
• Consultation of feasibility to Sales and Pre-production teams in the proposal phase, escalation of any possible risk factors to the Director of Translation
• Work with account payables to ensure timely payments to Babel’s translation vendors
• Issues management with vendors in cases where the desired quality and project targets are not achieved