The PWAC National Conference will be held June 17-19, 2011, right here in Montreal!
There’s a great line-up of professional workshops, panel discussions, and seminars that are open to members and non-members alike! As usual, they cover a spectrum of topics of interest to writers:
- A panel with top Montreal editors from enRoute, Maisonneuve, and Reader’s Digest
- A workshop on writing for trade magazines
- A panel featuring successful entrepreneurs to help you rethink your freelance business
- A workshop on medical writing
- A journalist’s guide to Twitter, Facebook, and new mobile tools
- A seminar on writing nonfiction book proposals
- A seminar on business skills for freelancers
- A session on travel & food writing
Professional Development sessions will be held on Saturday, June 18 at Concordia University, in the Henry F. Hall Building (7th floor), 1455 De Maisonneuve Ouest, Montreal. (It’s the “H Building” on campus maps).
- Click here to download the jam-packed schedule! Register before May 23 to take advantage of the $225 Early Bird rate (for PWAC members only), or $250 for sister writing and/or publishing organizations, and $275 for non-members. Professional Development sessions may also be purchased individually.
- Click here to download the registration form (word doc), fill it out and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with National Conference in the subject field. (NB: See the registration form for payment options.)
Hope to see you there.