A copy/paste from jobboom.
Textualis is a well-established translation agency looking for an experienced French to English translator to fill a permanent position, working at our Montreal office on St. Joseph Boulevard (near the Laurier metro station) or from home.
The translator will have the following responsibilities:
- Translate various texts, of a technical and non-technical nature, from French to English.
- Revise/edit documents translated from French to English by internal translators and freelancers, and ensure terminological and grammatical consistency.
- Provide linguistic advice to clients and fellow translators.
- Collaborate with project coordinators in order to meet the various deadlines and maintain the highest standards of quality.
- A bachelor’s degree in translation from a recognized university.
- Five years experience in translation.
- Flexibility, drive, and the ability to establish priorities and make informed decisions.
- Superior knowledge of both French and English.
- Knowledge of different technical sectors, namely the automotive, financial, mining or agricultural sectors, will be considered an asset.
We offer a competitive compensation package, very flexible work arrangement options and a work environment that is professional, friendly, and motivating.
To apply, please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact François Chartrand, Operations Manager, at 514-828-0888, extension 227.