Do you daydream about leavning your job to do your own thing? Listen to communications professionals who have taken the plunge to self-employment – and lived to tell about it. Listen to the four IABC members share their experiences over a nice breakfast at the Café des Beaux-Arts.
- Ginette Bois is an experienced internal communication consultant specializing in human resources and change management. She focuses on the impact of these dynamic operating forces on people and their business environment. She opened her firm, ConverGens Communication, in 2006. Ginette is a past president of IABC/Montréal.
- Sharon Hunter is a marketing communications consultant with 20 years experience gained primarily in the hi-tech sector. She focuses on providing professional writing services and filling skill gaps in marketing for clients on a short or long-term contract basis.
- Ronald White has some 25 years’ experience, specializing in financial communication and speechwriting. He was successively reporter at La Presse, spokesman for Air Canada and most recently Director, Investor Relations at CGI, which he left in 2006 to work independently.
- Moderator Peter McCarthy, APR provides writing, editorial and project-management services to a wide variety of organizations. Self-employed since 1990, he works on projects involving public relations, corporate communications, investor relations, marketing, human resources and many other organizational functions. He is also a past president of IABC/Montréal.
The cost for this event is $40 for IABC members, $30 for student members, and $55 for non-members.
The Where & When
- Café des Beaux-Arts, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts building, (entrance at 1384 Sherbrooke St. West)
- Wednesday, 21 April 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
To register, contact Yvonne Callaway Smith at email@example.com or 514.697.3584.