Canadian Aid Charity invites you to participate in the 2009 ANNUAL CANADIAN AID LITERARY AWARD CONTEST.
The 2009 Canadian Aid Literary Award Contest winning author will receive a TRADE BOOK PUBLISHING CONTRACT with publishing sponsor of the contest.
– Anthony Dalton, National President of the Canadian Authors Association (CAA)
– Lori Schubert, Executive Director of the Quebec Writers’ Federation
– Sylvia Taylor, President of the Federation of BC Writers
– Donna Allard, President of the Canadian Poetry Association
– Anne Millyard, Co-Founder of Annick Press
– Robert Morgan, Publisher of Bookland Press
– Deb Loughead, President of the Canadian Society of Children’s Authors, Illustrators, and Performers (CANSCAIP)
– Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction, Poetry and Children’s Books;
– Manuscript length – 50 pages minimum (with the exception of children’s books, which must contain at least 25 pages);
– Not previously published as a printed book;
– The judges, staff and owners of BookLand Press and directors, board members, staff and volunteers of Canadian Aid Charity may not enter the contest.
– The Canadian Aid Literary Award and Publishing Contract are given to the manuscript(s) chosen by the panel of independent judges. Entries are judged anonymously on the basis of the author’s use of language, originality of subject and writing style;
– Manuscripts should be submitted on a CD (in Microsoft Word) OR printed on 8.5″ x 11″ paper, double-spaced and numbered;
– Blind judging requires that the author’s name, address, acknowledgements and manuscript dedications do not appear anywhere in the body of the manuscript;
– Include author’s name, address, e-mail, phone number, manuscript title and a brief bio on a separate sheet of paper;
– Manuscripts will be returned if accompanied by a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with sufficient return postage. Judging comments are not provided to the contestants;
– Contest entry fee is $40 per manuscript. Multiple entries are allowed. The $40 entry fee must accompany each entry. Include a cheque or money order made payable to Canadian Aid Charity;
– Contest entry fee is tax-deductible as a charitable donation. Official tax-deductible charitable receipts will be issued by Canadian Aid Charity (Revenue Canada charitable registration No. 822819074 RR0001);
Postmarked by September 1, 2009.
SEND ENTRIES TO:
Canadian Aid Charity
Attn. Literary Award Contest
5650 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario M2M 4G3
Acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to all contestants who provide an e-mail address or a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.
Award winner and finalists (short list and long list) will be announced by November 15, 2009. Results will be posted online at http://www.canadianaid.org and http://www.canadianaid.com.
Winning author(s) will be notified by phone, post and/or email.
All funds raised during the 2009 Canadian Aid Literary Award contest will go to HELP-A-CHILD-TO-SEE charitable project to provide reading equipment for visually impaired children from disadvantaged families.
For questions regarding the contest please contact Canadian Aid Charity at email@example.com or (416) 607-6083, ext. 702.