We recently received information about two job opportunities in Montreal. The first is the job of Executive Publisher at Ascent magazine. The full notice can be downloaded as a PDF. Just click here.
And here’s the other opening:
QWF and AELAQ SEEK PUBLICITY AND MARKETING CONSULTANT
Deadline: November 7, 2007
The Quebec Writers’ Federation (QWF), in collaboration with the Association of English-Language Publishers of Quebec (AELAQ), is seeking a part-time consultant to begin work on November 15, 2007. The contract will involve roughly four months work over a period of up to 12 months.
The candidate should have
- A strong background in marketing, particularly in the literary and arts community environment.
- Ability to generate new ideas and follow them through
- Excellent English writing skills
- Bilingualism (French/English spoken)
Please submit your resumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 7, 2007. Subject line should read “Marketing Consultant.”
- Work with the QWF/AELAQ committee on a branding and promotional campaign for Quebec English-language writers
- Develop a promotional packet for Quebec English-language writers
- Link the promotional packet to the QWF online database with suggested revisions to the database (if necessary) to make it part of the marketing campaign
- Develop a tracking method for project evaluation (based on the QWF/AELAQ study of English writers in Quebec)
- Finalize a list of the key literary community opinion makers across the country (book editors and reviewers, electronic media arts journalists, festival artistic directors, book distributors and others who organize events for Canadian writers)
- Cross-country tour to promote the work of Quebec English-language writers
- Draft a final report that includes lessons learned and recommendations for the maintenance of the program into the future.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Executive Director, Quebec Writers’ Federation
1200 Atwater Ave., Suite 3
Montreal, QC H3Z 1X4